Study at the STU
“… nowadays, the University possesses all the facilities for training highly qualified specialists in the fields of railway transport, transport construction, economy, management, service, transport law, information technologies and environmental protection…”
Federal State-Funded Education Institution of Higher Education «Siberian Transport University» is an educational-scientific industrial complex including apart from the University Novosibirsk Railway College and its three branches:
• Tomsk Railway College,
• Belovo STU Branch,
• Novoaltaisk STU Branch
STU today comprises 10 faculties, 44 Departments, Institute of Advanced Transport Technologies and Staff Retraining, 9 scientific centers with laboratories and 4 SCB, 12 independent laboratories and 5 scientific-research groups .
The University possesses all the facilities for training highly qualified specialists, creates all necessary conditions for professional, social and intellectual creativity. The University has modern campus, public canteens and cafes, Health Care Center, the University premises have numerous facilities to stay and to lead an active way of life, which are available both for students and employees.
The Siberian Transport University possesses advanced modern facilities: education and laboratory, research and productive, as well as social and culture.
Facilities for scientific and experimental work as well as for studies allow the University to train specialists in modern promising specialties and majors. The University has created the system of continuous training in different majors – ranging from education for school children to post-graduate studies and professional development courses for specialists from enterprises.
The total number of the University complex students is 14 000, including foreign students.
The annual number of graduates is 2 300, including 1 500 of those with higher professional education.
Various forms of studies are available: full time tuition, distance learning and combination of the two.
Today STU has all the facilities needed for training high skilled staff on 10 faculties:
• Railway Transportation Management
• Railway Construction
• Bridges and Tunnels
• Transport and Technological Complexes Management
• Civil Engineering
• Engineering Economics
• International Business and Law
• Human Resource Management
• Information Technologies in Business
• Distance learning
Facilities for scientific and experimental work as well as for studies allows the University to train specialists in modern promising specialties and majors. The University has created the system of continuous training in different majors – ranging from education for school children to post-graduate studies and professional development courses for specialists from enterprises and organizations.
Various forms of studies are available full time tuition, distance learning and combination of the two. Most students of the complex can be split into the three broad groups: Transport Facilities, Constructions and Architecture, and Economics and Management.
STU Specialists Training Structure:
• Pre-University Training
• Post Graduate
• Professional Retraining
• Primary Professional education
• Secondary Professional education
Higher professional education:
• Bachelor’s Programs 4 years
• Engineer /Specialist 5 years
• Master’s Programs 2 years
• Ph.D.Programs 3 years
• Post-Doctoral Programs 3 years
- Korean National University of Transportation (South Korea), 2001
- Korean Railroad Research Institute (South Korea), 2004
- Korean Railroad Research Institute
- Hokkai-Gakuen University (Japan), 2002
- Beijing Transport University (China), 2006
- Chanchun University (China), 2009
- Shenyang Polytechnic University (China), 2009
- Dalian Transport University (China), 2009
- University of Binhai,Qingdao (China), 2009
University of Graz (Austria), 2009
-Czech Technical University (Prague, Czech Republic), 2011
-University of the West of Scotland, (Great Britain), 2001
- Ulan Bator Railway JSC (Mongolia), 2007
- Kazakhstan Railway JSC (Kazakhstan), 2007
- The Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications of Tynyshpayev, 2009
During the period from 2001 to 2017 STU established partnerships with the leading technical transport universities of the Asia-Pacific region, which indicates the growing prestige of the university and fame abroad.
At the center of attention of the development of international relations STU is the attraction of international resources to the university for the implementation of projects in educational and research activities, the development of international academic mobility of students and teachers, the scientific and technical exchange of experience and the expansion of the STU presence in regional and international public and information spaces, the internationalization of the educational process by increasing the share of export of educational services in the budget of the university.
“… at present, the most important task of the Russian higher school is its integration into the world education system as a necessary element of successful development in the modern conditions of the global market development…”
Siberian Transport University. International Partners.
Beijing Jiaotong University
-Karaganda state technical university
Main directions of international activity:
• Full participation as an equal partner in the world educational space,
• Improvement and enhancement of the role of the national education system, taking into account international experience in the field of academic mobility, scientific and technical exchange of experience and expanding the scope of STU presence in regional and international public and information spaces,
• Internationalization of the educational process by increasing the share of export of educational services in the budget of the university.
Holding of international joint scientific conferences
The 6th International Symposium for Transportation Universities in Europe and Asia
STU annually becomes the organizer of the event, as well as an active participant in a number of international conferences and symposiums among which the most significant are:
– IX International Scientific and Technical Conference "Polytransport systems" in the direction "Scientific problems of the implementation of transport projects in Siberia and the Far East"November 2016
– International Seminar «New technologies in metal working» together with representatives of the Austrian company Millturn Technologies Gmbh&Co.KG
- Organization of 2-nd International Symposium on roadbed in cold regions TRANSOILCOLD 2016.
- Participation in the work of the Erasmus+ program on the preparation and implementation of a joint bachelor's program: "Energy-efficient and environmentally friendly construction of buildings and structures" with co-financing of the program Erasmus+EU.
Fields of joint research activities:
1. Behavioral roadbed with ballast bed and rough-material bed research.
2. Research on the safety management railway between Republic of Korea and Russian Federation.
3. Creation of transport infrastructure between Russia and Republic of Korea. Under terms of joint research work is expected to make an assess of potential effectiveness of the reconnecting railway project between Trans-Siberian and Trans-Korean Railway and develop perspective of resource development of Siberia and Far East.
4. Application of global satellite navigation systems for infrastructure maintenance of railroad.
Within the framework of academic exchange programs, students of different faculties have the opportunity to visit such partner universities as:
• Qingdao Binhai University, China – Summer language programs (1 month);
• Hokkai-Gakuen University (Japan) – 3-month language internship;
• Korea National University of transportation – participation in annual student scientific conference on the transcontinental railway communication issues.
• Beijing Jiaotong University – professional internships in the construction and operation of railways.
Training of Foreign Students
At present time more than 300 foreign students study at STU. The largest number of foreign students are studying at the «International Business and Law» (near 22 %), «Railway Transportation management» (18%). «Engineering Economics» (18 %), «Information technologies in Business», «Civil Constructions», “Railway construction” (near 6%) and “Road machine construction” (near 6%).
|Distribution of foreign students by faculty STU|
|Export of educational services|
Currently, STU has a great experience of training the foreign students. International relationship geography are increased.
Dynamics of training
Currently, the University has over 300 foreign students from Mongolia, China. The Republic of Korea, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine Armenia and other countries.
Double degree programs are innovative educational programs based on the comparability and synchronization of the educational programs of partner universities and are characterized by the acceptance by the parties of common obligations on such issues as setting the program objectives, preparing a curriculum, organizing the educational process, assigning qualifications.
Double Degree Programs
– innovative educational programs based on the comparability and synchronization of educational programs of partner universities and characterized by the acceptance by the parties of general obligations on such issues as:
definition of program objectives,
preparation of the curriculum,
organization of educational process,
Qingdao Binhai University. Cooperation since 2006
Training of STU students within the Double Degree programme
The structure of the Bachelor's program together with the Qingdao Binhai University
1,2 nd years of study
Enhanced Chinese language training (passing the international exam in Chinese HSK) under the supervision of an invited teacher from a partner institution
Partner university students
Enhanced Russian language training (passing the international exam in Chinese HSK) under the supervision of an invited teacher from a partner institution
3,4 years of study
Continuing education on the basic educational program.
Internship at enterprises and companies of the People's Republic of China
Partner university students
Continuing education on the basic educational program.
Internship at enterprises and companies of the Novosibirsk city
Preparation and protection of final qualifying work in two universities, or with participation in the state attestation commission’s representative of a foreign partner institution
2016-2018 academic year
2017-2019 academic year
Beijing Jiaotong University
Currently, the students of the Faculty of Industrial and Civil Engineering of the Beijing Transport University (8 people), having completed the training program, are successfully studying at the Faculty of Industrial and Civil Engineering. The program is designed for training for 3 years. 1 year - preparatory department, the next two - training at 3, 4 courses of the faculty.
In turn, the graduates of the Faculty of Industrial and Civil Engineering of the STU (4 people) in 2016 were given the opportunity to study at the Beijing Transport University Master's program as scholarship holders of the government program for training foreign students in China. The training program includes 1 year of teaching the Chinese language and 3 years of study in the main specialty of the master's program.
Also, according to this scholarship program, the PRC government successfully continues the training of 2 graduates of 2015 from the International Business and Law Faculty of the STU with the specialty "International Trade", followed by the receipt of two diplomas of STU and the partner university in the direction "Economics", the profile of the World Economy.
|Signing the Agreement on cooperation with the Beijing Jiaotong University|
|Industrial and Civil Engineering Faculty post graduates study at Beijing Jiaotong University|
|International Business and Law Faculty post graduates study at Beijing Jiaotong University|
Academic and professional mobility
Informational Technologies in Business Faculty
Informational Technologies in Business Faculty
Holding joint international sports events
|International basketball match between STU and Beijing Jiaotong University’s teams|
|Annual International Sport Festival at Qingdao Binhai University|
For entering at Siberian state transport university for foreign applicants it is necessary:
1. Fill out and send to the University the application form at: email@example.com;
2. To send a copy of passport and a notarized copy of the document on education required for admission together with its notarized translation into Russian language in the Embassy (Consulate) of the Russian Federation in the country of issue of the document by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. Wait for a response from the International department;
4. Wait for entry documents (invitation from the Federal migration service of the Russian Federation, invitation of STU) – the period of issuance of invitation for obtaining a single entry visa is 30 days.
5. To inform the international relations office on arrival before the start of classes (date and time of arrival, flight number etc.) by email: email@example.com. Or by phone:
+7 (383) 328 03 53;
Start of classes on all educational programs – September 1.
Classes start on the program "Russian as a foreign language" - October 1.
6. Upon arrival at the University in the international relations Department must submit the following documents:
• passport and its translation into Russian language, notarized
• HIV certificate;
• medical report on the health status, confirming the possibility of learning in higher education translated into Russian language and certified by notary
• the original document about education equivalent to the education document of the state standard of the Russian Federation required for admission and its notarized translation into Russian language, certified by the Embassy (Consulate) of the Russian Federation in the country of issue of the document on education, including academic transcript with grades;
• 9 photos 3x4.
• a document confirming the level of Russian language proficiency (if available).
Applicants from CIS countries arrive at a common basis with the Russian students.
After admission to the faculty of the foreign citizen must provide the following information:
• Full name
• Faculty, specialty
• Mobile, e-mail
Cost of education
• The cost of training under the program "Russian as a foreign language" for 2017-2018 academic year is 83 000 rubles per year on the condition of education in the amount of not less than 500 hours
• The cost of training at STU for foreign citizens (far-abroad countries) programme of specialist's and bachelor's programs (link to the ORDER establishing the cost of education for foreign citizens).
• Applicants from CIS countries arrive at a common basis with the Russian students. Payment of tuition is made for the same cost as for Russian citizens (link to the ORDER on the establishment of tuition fee)
All student hostels of the STU are located at the campus. The transport system is well organized and conveniently connects all parts of the city (metro station "Zaeltsovsky",railways station "Novosibirsk-Main" in 15 minutes by public transport).
Foreign students abroad are placed in a comfortable hostel. The cost of accommodation in two-bed room – 2400 RUB (77 USD) per month. Students from CIS countries (including CIS countries) arrive at the hostel on a common basis.
After arriving at STU all foreign students, graduate students, interns issue a policy of voluntary medical insurance (required). Students, graduate students, interns neighboring countries (including CIS countries) issue a policy of voluntary medical insurance (optional).
The cost of the policy is 3600 rubles (80 USD) per year. The policy issuance is carried out in the Department of international relations STU (main building, room 446 A).
For foreign students at STU, provided timely provision of migration registration from the Department of international relations of the University.
All students - citizens of the CIS and foreign countries (including CIS countries) are obliged to report to the Department of international relations STU in 7-days term from the moment of crossing the border, for statement on the migratory account.
For statement on the migratory account in the Department of international relations STU (Main building, room 446 a).
Documents required for migration registration:
1. Education contract (copy)
2. A certificate from the Dean indicating the number of order of enrollment and duration of the training (original)
3. The Treaty of residence or lease. (copy)
4. Passport (copy of pages with photo and seal the border crossing), or a copy of the identity card (for citizens of Kazakhstan) on two sides
5. Migration card (copy two-sided)
6. Photo 3*4 (1 peice.)
7. Medical certificate about absence of HIV (copy).
|Advisor of Rector on international connections|
Vladimir P. Nekhoroshkov
Doctor of Economic Sciences, professor
|Head of International Department|
Elena A. Korshikova